CASP research is organised into projects, typically less than 24 months duration, with a focus on basin-specific, regional or generic scientific problems. We design these research projects in collaboration with industry subscribers and scientific partners so that they have the maximum possible scientific and commercial impact.
Research results are issued to subscribers via confidential reports that typically include the integration of field data with a broad range of sample analyses, literature syntheses, regional tectonostratigraphic compilations, palaeogeographic maps, and integrated biostratigraphy.
Data packages comprise report compilations selected to provide insight into specific regional or thematic topics, representing excellent value compared to purchasing reports individually.
CASP houses a geological collection of over 35,000 specimens within a state-of-the-art rock storage facility accessible to industry and academia. Data derived from the analysis of these samples form part of an increasingly standardised and integrated dataset. The CASP library is a unique resource, containing – amongst other hard-to-find literature – irreplaceable Arctic, Russian and Chinese publications, including maps, stratigraphic columns and some 6,000 Russian translations.
- Mudrock Seals in CO2 Storage Systems Thematic Research
- Bunter Sandstone Storage Complex Thematic Research
- A palynozonation of the Bunter Sandstone CO2 storage complex: onshore analogue study (CASP.BSSC.1)
- Palynostratigraphy of the Bunter Sandstone CO2 storage complex in the Southern North Sea (CASP.BSSC.2)
- Cyclostratigraphy of the Early to Middle Triassic of the Southern North Sea (CASP.BSSC.3)
- Reservoir composition and diagenesis (CASP.BSSC.4)
- Controls on Bunter Sandstone composition (CASP.BSSC.5)
- Middle Triassic seals – onshore analogue study (CASP.BSSC.6)
- Middle Triassic seals – UK and Dutch offshore wells study (CASP.BSSC.7)
- Reactions and Flow of CO2 Fluid in Compositionally Immature Sandstones Thematic Research
- The Impact of Volcaniclastic Rocks on CO2 Storage Thematic Research
- Data Packages
- Geological Collections and Data